My blog has recently had a definite Nordic Skiing technology focus, and I felt it was time to return to my basics .. knowledge management and collaboration. This weekend I finished up a new tutorial which focuses upon SAP's new collaboration tool, 12Sprints. This free collaboration tool is only a few weeks old, but our team from the Corporate Collaboration 2.0 Benchmarking Network was extremely impressed. Our same team had been underwhelmed during multiple collaboration tests / evaluations of Google Wave (test #1 | test #2); thus, we were surprised with 12Sprints as this tool had much less "tech media buzz" than Wave.
Okay ... why did we like 12Springs? (get a free account) Quite simply it works, but here are a few reasons:
- Creating a collaborative process flow was easy
- Templates enhanced the ability to easily provide structure
- Team inputs (i.e. individual updates) were easy to filter and follow
- Administrative rights allowed for good security
Thus ... here is my new Northstar Nerd 12 Sprints Tutorial!
In my tutorial I review various 12Sprints features and show some of our network's evaluation. You may also wish to visit SAP's site for some good additional feature set tutorials. (see my other Northstar Nerd Tutorials)
- Blog Post Update of March 22, 2010: SAP appears to have made 12Sprints official. The service now has a new name and DNS (StreamWork), service levels and pricing. It is nice to note the basic service remains free.
In closing, here is one screen shot from my tutorial (click to maximize)