Earlier this week I posted about Social Bookmarking, including a review of the available tools and information on the IBM's new release into the field, Lotus Connections. This posting resulted in a number of interesting comments, including one from the CEO of ConnectBeam, Puneet Gupta.
I've been conducting a review of Web 2.0 tools, particularly "internal" social networking tools. The key word here is "internal". A company's intellectual property is its most cherished resource. Can you imagine having tag clouds and key research areas which identify what your top employees are working upon ... hosted outside one's own network? I can't! Any vendor who says they can provide a secure external environment for this kind of data is nuts ... too many things can go wrong. Thus, most product entries in this arena are immediately dead in the water.
If you would like to learn more about this area, I invite you to visit these resources from my blog, which will in turn have links to external information: (Blog Category - Web / Corporate 2.0)
- The Virtues of an Intelligent Tag
- Tagging Inside the Firewall
- Corporate Use of Web 2.0 Tools
- Motorola 2.0
- Nerdcast - Take 05: Tagging Twins Reprise
- Nerdcast - Take 03: The Tagging Twins
- Social Networks: Now or Never!
- Tagging Concepts - Screencast / Tutorial
- Wouldn't It Be Neat ... Innovation!
- Sharepoint 2007 - Free eBook