Did you know pheasant is more expensive than lobster? Rather than dining out at a fancy Manhattan restaurant, come to rural Iowa and eat pheasant!
- Six hunting licenses ($90 x 6 = $540)
- Three nights lodging at Tjaden's Motel ($40 x 3 nights x 3 rooms = $360)
- Gasoline for cars ($150)
- Dinner a local cafes for six ($20 x 6 hunters x 3 nights = $360)
Total cost = $1,410
- Total pheasant kill = 12 birds
- Price per pheasant = $117.50 per bird
Thus, pheasant is truly a delicacy. Lobster is cheap by comparison!
If you're still with me ... (I'll resume serious blogging tomorrow!)
- Enjoy this Nerdcast of Pheasant Hunting in Iowa (4 minutes long)
- Four photos from the hunt; that's me with the Chip, the dog!