I've spent 1/2 of my budget, and the numbers are stabilized such that I can report results. The basic question is, do LinkedIn Member Ads work? My answer, a qualified "yes". Very early on in my experiment I was contacted by an individual who had clicked through to my site, NorthstarNerd.Org. This person was kind enough to let me know my url was misspelled. This example and others lead me to believe I have made contact with viewers, and enhanced knowledge of my site. However, if you look at either of the images given below, I think you'll note two things: (click images to view expanded)
- My two advertisements that received clickthroughs were somewhat "off the wall" in terms of the headlines / message. My top ad receiving clicks was:
- Headline: Dr. Seuss Would be Proud!
- Copy: I do not like Android here or there, I do not like Android anywhere?!
- Link: http://www.NorthstarNerd.org/
- Look at the placement of where LinkedIn advertisements appear on one's profile. The ads are quite easy to ignore. Perhaps this is why it took the more unusual "copy" to attract a click. You decide, and then determine what might work for your campaign. However, remember that you never pay for viewing, just clickthroughs.